AIIM’s mission has always had something to do with making information available to others and to make it easier to access that information. A recent version of the AIIM Mission Statement talks about making information available to people when they need it, wherever they are and to allow it to be consumed on the device they prefer. Or something like that. Of course, AIIM is concerned about managing and controlling that access to balance the costs and the benefits and the dangers of widespread access via remote and mobile devices.
How is this affecting you? How is your company dealing with this? Are things moving fast enough? Too fast? Are there enough controls in place? Do we still need controls? What will information management look like in five years, or three, or one for that matter?
Do you know the answers to any of these questions? Would you like to hear how other people are handling these issues? If so, please join us on Tuesday, November 17th for a discussion around the topic of managing information in the fact of unprecedented change.
We will gather at the community table in the lounge of the Burlington Marriott at 3:30. A little food will be served around 4:15 and beverages will be available throughout the meeting. I hope to see you there.
Click here to reserve your place at the table.
You’re invited to join us for a live discussion on Twitter covering enterprise content management vs. file-sharing services! We’re hosting with our friends and SearchContentManagement.com, and we’re featuring experts including:
• Laurence Hart, an information consultant with Word of Pie and former CIO of AIIM International
• Steve Weissman of Holly Group (and our own Prez!)
• Ron Miller, enterprise reporter at TechCrunch
• Lauren Horwitz, executive editor of SearchContentManagement
To take part, simply mark your calendar now for Thursday, Nov. 13, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm Eastern – and then hop on Twitter using the hashtag #cloudecm!
Get proven advice from participants’ years of experience in solving the information challenges organizations face when working with file sharing vs. enterprise content management systems.
Join our Night of Thanks on Thursday evening, June 26th in the lounge at the Newton, MA Marriott Hotel as we salute:
• Our sponsors: Harmon.ie, KnowledgeLake, and OCR Solutions were instrumental in making it possible for the Chapter to plan, prepare and deliver our educational programs …
• Our Chapter Board: A small but capable group of men and women who pulled these events together, and above all …
• YOU! Our events always feature a lively exchange of information because we are blessed with knowledgeable and vocal members. Thanks for sharing!
We’re in for a few appetizers and a couple of beverages each, and it won’t cost you a dime if you’re an AIIM Professional member or a member of ARMA Boston. (Others may join the fun for a truly nominal fee.)
Registration is open at Eventbrite so sign up NOW. See you on the 26th!